Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Maturity Triumvirate Is Now Complete.

Maybe I should start a new "I can't believe that's their real name" category for my little blog garden. First we had Dr. Janet Woodcock (huh-huh, huh-huh), the deputy commissioner for operations at the FDA, keeping us safe from adolescent sex-based cults.

Next we had Rear Admiral Harry Harris, (huh-huh, huh-huh, huh-huh), commander of the prison at Guantanamo, who thinks that suicide is really all about us.

And now from the world of politics, the drugnazi would like to introduce the Republican nominee for United States Senate from the state of California, a man who I'm sure will be working very hard between now and November to make a deep, personal connection with each and every voter he comes in contact with.

Dick Mountjoy.

huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh
huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh

I swear I'm not making this up. Here's his website. Here's a man who has a choice between calling himself a name that is synonymous with wealthy and a name that is slang for the male sexual organ, chooses the later, and wants me to believe that he has the judgment to be a United States Senator. I didn't think it was possible, but I'll be damned if the Republicans didn't go and find someone more mockable than Dianne Feinstein

For those of you too kind or, um, mature, to make fun of someone just because of their name, I'll point you to this, cut and pasted from Mountjoy's website:

The time has come for those who live their lives by Judeo Christian beliefs – Americans of all faiths and all political parties—to rise up and speak with one voice across America (emphasis mine)


There, now you can make fun of him for apparently believing that there are Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Animists and Satan Worshipers who live their lives by Judeo Christian beliefs.

In other words, he's stupid. On many levels. Please join me in mocking him relentlessly.

3 comments:

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

This can be kinda fun....you know who the ex-head of the Canadian Olympic committee is?

Dick Pound.

I was doing a quick Google search to confirm I hadn't invented that and came across this profile of him by the CBC.

Headline: "The passions of Dick Pound"

I think I rented that movie the other day.

The article then starts off:

"The mere mention of Dick Pound stirs up passionate declarations of reverence and contempt."

Well, yeah, I could see that.

Chloe said...

Quite frankly, it would be my pleasure to mock him relentlessly. And oh, how I shall.

Anonymous said...

i was trying to email you this article:
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/conservatives/story/0,9061,794594,00.html

couldnt, so i'll leave it as a comment instead.