Friday, September 03, 2010

A Bit Of Karma Makes An Appearance In Arizona

The opening of Wednesday night's Arizona gubernatorial debate:

By the way, "gubernatorial" is one of my favorite words ever.



And in this case, "gubernatorial" seems very fitting. Lincoln/Douglas it was not my friends.

You may remember the good governor as the signer of the totally non-racist Arizona bill SB1070, the much ballyhooed crackdown on illegal immigration that was enacted in part to stop a rash of beheadings by illegal immigrants. How scary. I might wanna make someone show his papers too if he wanted to cut my head off.

And if I lived in a world of fiction, it would be a legitimate worry:






Lucky for me, I live in a world grounded in reality, which means I get to keep my head. A world where a bully runs when confronted as surely as the sun shall rise in the east.




I'm glad I get to keep my head, but I'm also keenly aware of the importance today's electorate places on intellectual firepower, which means as much of a loser as this woman is, I am in no way confident she will lose on election day.

God help us.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's what scares me too, she will probably win.

Romius T. said...

I can only tell you that I worked for Jan Brewer when she was "only" the sec of state. She would come to work once a month or so. She used to be an old white haired granny, then she "cougered" it up when she got the nod to be govenator. Her stupidity is ripe for Arizona. My predicition is she wins in a landslide... :(

pacalaga said...

I despise Jan Brewer in general and am deeply embarrassed that she "runs" my state, but even I couldn't stand to watch that flub in the debate. And she refuses to have another one. Apparently her handlers can't write that much.

Unknown said...

In general the world is turning to hatred and xenophobia in the face of troubling economic times. She will win and we will have drones blowing people up on the border. At least they won't charge samaritans who leave water for the immigrants with littering anymore. That's one bright spot.

pillroller said...

oh crap she has the same crackhead stammer as GW bush, does than mean she can be president??

yamiblue990 said...

i'm ashamed to even live in the same state as her with as much of an embarrassment which she is to anyone who actually thinks critically. it doesn't help that she's in the maricopa county area which is known to be more f'd then the rest of the state due to the 110+ degree heat and majority of retired people who are somewhat demented.

Shalom said...

Not commenting on the other aspects of the post, I only have to say that the word "gubernatorial" just gets right up my nose. The English word for the chief executive officer of a state is governor, not goobernator. What's wrong with governarial as the adjectival form? Save a syllable; you might need it later.