Friday, February 11, 2005

He wanted some eyewash......

Elderly fellow at the counter, nothing unusual in his appearance that I saw as I wandered over to answer his question. "Do you have some sort of eyewash or something I can use....you see I had my eyes operated on by one of those VA doctors years ago....never should have trusted them.....but I was out on the golf course today and I noticed things getting a little fuzzy.....like right now I can see like a halo of light behind you but really can't make out your face....."


I wanted to grab him by the lapel at that point and scream......YOU'RE......GOING.......BLIND!!!!! THERE IS NO EYEWASH!!!!!!!! DOCTOR.......NOW!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???!!!!


As it was I calmly explaned that he needed to see a physician. I neglected to explain however, that it might not be the best idea to drive. The last I saw of him he was getting in his Buick and heading toward the hospital. Hope he made it.

No comments: