Sunday, February 20, 2005

Generally It's Considered Impolite......

....to carry on a conversation with someone in front of a third person in a language they don't understand. I, however, have forever lost my right to complain about this, but it was so worth it.

We have a mean, nasty little old lady customer who comes in regularly. Doesn't speak a word of English, which is a good thing, lest we be exposed to more of her personality. I wish I could tell you her name, but federal privacy law works against the interest of the story here. Let's just say the name is identical to a very well known 70's classic rock anthem. For real. The woman is named after a pop tune that almost every english-speaker in the country would be able to name in under 5 notes. It has a very distinctive drumbeat, which sometimes I'll start pounding on the counter when she comes in the door. Me and the clerk working the cash register will recite the lyrics as she is waiting for her prescription, totally oblivious as to why sometimes we even break out into song. If she were a nice person, I might feel bad about it..... No, I probably wouldn't, but I wouldn't think it as funny as I do now......so go ahead...... talk away in Spanish or any other language of your choice in front of my lilly-white gringo butt......I deserve it....

2 comments:

Driving Miss Delusional said...

By Eric Clapton?

Anonymous said...

I taught you one thing... putang ina mo :)

Magkantutan tayo......... Kidding!! ...bakla :)