Thursday, November 04, 2010

I'm Hoping Jello Might Write Another Sequel. Before Jerry Dies Or Something.

Another thing that makes California the coolest place on the planet. How many other states can say the Dead Kennedy's ever wrote a song about their Governor? None. That's how many.

And it's also the kick assingest song on the face of the earth.


Granted, it's not the most flattering profile, but I will point out the sequel, written after Reagan became president, was called "We Have A Bigger Problem Now"

My favorite line....."DIE!!!! on organic poison gas....."

I know I've been neglecting you guys. I hope to get back into the swing of things this weekend with a good old fashioned Big Pharma pud sucking story....

Enjoy the vid. It's best played loud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New York's late former governor Nelson Rockefeller has a song named after him by the marxist/british band "McCarthy"

Tame compared to the DK's

Tylenolic

Casey said...

I thought Jello Biafra was dead. Who am I confusing him with?

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Casey,

Sid Vicious? Jello is definitely still alive. His current band is The Guantanamo School of Medicine. Which I think deserves some sort of band-award name.

Unknown said...

Drug Monkey you are the greatest; a sharp wit and a sharp sense of musical style...
My pharmacy manager (we work for a community chain Rx that will remain nameless) is also an authentic now-grown-up punk, and she encourages me to turn off the store muzak in the pharm and crank up my Reagan-era punk, at least when it's just the two of us on weekends. It's comforting to know there are more of us! Thank you.