Monday, November 15, 2010

Hey! Buy My Book!

I can say that now because my book is real! Seriously. The rollout starts today my friends. You can buy a copy at the createspace store right here, right now. An amazon.com listing is coming in about a week, and it should be good to go on the kindle in about 14 days.

I'm not kidding you. I wrote a book. And you can buy it right now.

Why should you? Because it's hilarious. Like I've said, most of it is regurgitated blog material, but I don't have to tell you this blog is a goddamn gold mine. All I had to do was get me one of those prospecting pans and stand in the creek for awhile to come up with 201 pages of solid gold.

Why else? Because with every copy sold an angel in heaven loses its wings, falls out of the sky, and crashes right on the pointy little head of Lloyd Duplantis of Gray, Louisiana. The ending of the book is original material, and if you were shocked, humiliated and/or downright frightened when Lloyd, Karen Bauer, and the rest of those goons at Pharmacists For Life International tried to hijack our profession a few years ago, you'll be happy to know this book's ending will have them frothing at the mouth. The ending of this book may just teach them a thing or two they wish they hadn't learned.

A thing or two they definitely don't want you to know. Guaranteed.

And on top of all that, you might win a free T-shirt. My dear e-friend ThatDeborahGirl has been kind enough to offer to send me ten Drugmonkey based T-shirts she made as part of her screenprinting class. Since I am not only this book's author but chief copy editor, I worry that I might have missed a typo or two. So here's the deal, buy a book, find a typo, point it out to me, and get a free shirt. Everyone wins. You get a shirt and I get out of hiring a copy editor.

And Lloyd Duplantis gets to live with the fact that if it weren't for him inspiring me to do this, the information at the end of this book may have stayed buried forever.

So yeah, you should totally buy a copy now.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to read it!

Mother Jones RN said...

I'll buy your book on one condition. I want an autographed edition. And a nude picture of yourself holding the book. No, seriously. (insert evil laugh)

MJ

jess said...

I left a little plug for your book on my site. I hope you sell enough copies where you can make a living writing instead of slingin' pills all day.

Oh, by the way, you should put "Mr Pharmacist" by The Fall as a choice in your "Pick A Theme Song For Pharmacy" quiz.

rphmelly said...

Definitely on my Christmas list. Very excited- congrats!

Lauren said...

Long time reader, first time to leave a comment. I bought the book this morning and I absolutely cannot wait for it to get here. Your blog is fantastic, so naturally the book is already set to be a success. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you really made my day! I've been waiting for the release of the book for what seems like forever.. so thank you! I'm going to get a copy myself and have it shipped all the way to Sweden =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How much for a signed copy?

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to the Kindle release.

The Redheaded Pharmacist said...

Congrats DM! That is quite an accomplishment. I hear that Jay Pee is writing a book also. It must be THE thing to do. If I could collect my thoughts well enough to write a coherent book I might try my hand at authoring one myself. I'll definately order a copy and check it out!

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Anonymous 5:19,

If you don't mind waiting until I get the ones I ordered in, I'll sign it for free. Keep an eye on the twitter feed and I'll let you know when they're here.

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Anonymous 3:29

While I don't think an actual communist would be *selling* the book, the sentiment is appreciated, hate mail being the indicator of effectiveness that it is....:)

Romius T. said...

Holy shit! I'm going to buy your book! But I want a free tshirt.

Tonina said...

I'm just waiting for the Amazon listing to buy it! I used to look for typos as a part of my living, so I'm hoping for a free shirt. :) If you write another one, I'll volunteer to serve as Assistant Copy Editor.

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Thank you thank you jess.....for the plug....:)

Anonymous said...

As Morrissey sang:

We hate it when our friends become successful.

Anonymous said...

You are a brilliant writer. Congrats on getting published.

Phathead said...

If you're signing copies make sure you splash a little bit of your scotch on there as well.

It's just not a Drug Monkey signature without a little scotch.

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Mother Jones,

Another one? You are insatiable!....:)