Monday, August 16, 2010

Reason Number 1,528,063 To Live In California

Because when you live in California you can be sitting around your condo and ask yourself, "hmmm....what do I want to do with my weekend?"

And the answer can be, "I think I'll go see Black Frances, lead singer of The Pixies, the greatest band ever, go sing in a redwood forest"

And then you get in your car and go see Black Frances sing in a redwood forest.

And while you're waiting to get in you meet someone riding their bike down Highway 1, probably the most scenic road in the country if not the world, and they ask what's going on.

You give them the scoop and your extra ticket and have an afternoon of all around awesomeness.

Shit like that doesn't happen in Nebraska my friends. And not only because there are no redwood trees there.


8 comments:

TrboDawg said...

So true, so true... Last weekend, I rode my bike 30 miles to breakfast, then drove over to Dillon Beach to spend the day with friends, spent the night and the next day on the Russian river and drove home, stopping at the Gravenstein Apple fair in Sebastapol and Lombardi's BBQ.

I love California

The Redheaded Pharmacist said...

I will see your Highway 1 and raise you one Blue Ridge Parkway! If it is scenic you want DM, I challenge you to find a more scenic route in all the land. And if it happens to be the beginning of fall when the colors change you won't believe your eyes!

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon, Redheaded, there's plenty reason to believe that the Seward Highway along Turnagain Arm is particularly a treat on a summer's evening.

Từ Thanh Giác said...

Reason 1,528,064
Yoshi's in San Francisco and Oakland. I love Jazz.

Reason 1,528,065
Ballroom dancing at numerous places. I am really good at it.

Reason 1,528,066
The naked beaches around Santa Cruz. I have the world's most photographed penis.

Unknown said...

Ha!! *I* get to see Black Francis at the Zoo. Only in Oregon, my friend.

Pharmerk8

GirlieSoGroovie said...

Sweet! Another pharmacist with a great taste in music!

KingPin said...

If you're a fan of the Pixies(and who isn't?), and you haven't already seen it, check out loudQUIETloud(for free on hulu). Kind of sad, but still soooo good!

Madam Z said...

Curse you, Drug Monkey! You've made me all teary-eyed, wishing I could go back to California. Highway 1, will I ever see you again? Sob...