Monday, March 01, 2010

It Would Be Too Easy For Me To Write A Post About How Much I Want To Punch This Kid.

First off, there's just the way he looks. This kid looks like some sort of wayward child of that dude from Air Supply. And whether we like it or not, all of humanity has an obligation to stop the members of Air Supply from reproducing. By violence of necessary. Here's his picture:


I almost punched my computer monitor just now. There are so many reasons to want to punch this kid though. His name is McKay Hatch, and evidently he has a taste for politics:


SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Californians had better start watching their mouths.
The state Assembly passed a resolution Thursday that would establish the first week of March as "Cuss Free Week" throughout the state. If approved by the Senate next week, the measure would take effect immediately.
The resolution was inspired by a South Pasadena teenager, McKay Hatch, who started a No Cussing Club at his junior high school in 2007. Similar clubs have since cropped up in every state and 20 countries.
Hatch, who traveled to the Capitol with his family to support the resolution, said he sees a link between foul-mouthed incivility and other forms of problem behavior, such as drug use and bullying.
Next up for the 16-year-old? Promoting no-cussing measures in other states and internationally.
"Next year I want to do a world tour," he said. "Cussing is a hard habit to break, but anyone can do it."
California lawmakers will now test Hatch's theory. Portantino and his staff have supplied each of them with a "cuss jar." Those who let a foul word slip are encouraged to deposit money into the jar as penance.

My first thought upon reading this, of course, was how much I wanted to punch this kid.  The more I thought about it though, the more I realized the cuss jar thing was a more constructive proposal to deal with California's budget crisis than anything I've heard come out of the mouths of Assembly Republicans. And cutting out the cussing to stop drug abuse can't be any less effective than anything our legislators have come up with to date. Perhaps The Little Pansy Boy wasn't wasting our lawmaker's time. Perhaps... he was on to something. I decided to take a trip to a meeting of his No Cuss Club in my imagination to see what I could learn.

As I entered the meeting room the no cuss crowd was in the midst of a heated debate.

"I love my mummy more!!"

"NO!! I LOVE MY MUMMY THE MOST!!!"

"Can't we all just agree to love our mummy's as much as we can?"

"Yes!! Everybody wins!! Yay!"

"McKay, I have a question"

"Yes Bartholomew"

"People keep calling me a puss. Is puss a bad word?"

"Well, according to the dictionary I keep in my pocket at all times, 'puss' is another word for 'cat.' They must be calling you a cat."

"Yay!! I like kitties!"

"Let's talk about our favorite book now" said McKay, to which everyone in the room responded in unison:

"LITTLE WOMEN!!!!! YAY!"

"All the sisters really loved each other" said Bartholomew "And my brother said Theodore was a big puss, which means he was a giant kitty!! Yay!!"

"YAY!!!!! Shouted the entire room.

This was more than I could take. Start a lame campaign to stop people from cussing if you'd like, but Little Women is the worst book ever. At this point in my imagination, I walked to the front of the room holding a glass jar, sat it on a desk, put in a ten dollar bill, then told all those little fucking cocksuckers that I would see them on the fourth floor of hell.

Because getting through this post without a cuss word would have been exactly what McKay Hatch would have wanted.

I am going back to the real world now. I suspect if McKay Hatch stays in his he may grow up to be president of APhA.

Fucking puss.

13 comments:

woolywoman said...

Don't pick on kids. Even kids you don't like. Pick on the f'd up CA legislators that wasted time and money on this dumb ass declaration, but leave the kid out of it. I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

Agreed - the legislators supposedly know about the First Amendment. The kid is only as good as his teachers - and if the California legislature doesn't know enough that it can't be passed into law, shame on them!

Paula

Anonymous said...

I'll hold your coat.

Unknown said...

There is a youtube video with a song staring this dude. Look it up at your own risk. If you think you want to punch him now...

Thom Foolery said...

It is telling that at a time when we're engaged in the illegal occupation of Iraq, as well as killing thousands of Afghans and Pakistanis, our politicians are concerned about important things like avoiding foul language. As Kurtz noted in Apocalypse Now, "They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write fuck on their airplanes because it's obscene!"

Go USA!

Anonymous said...

The kid is probably being used as a 'tool' for adult agendas to distract others from more serious issues. Possibly the kid's folks have Cadillac care health care plans, independent source of wealth, and the parents have no real concerns about encouraging their articulate son to empathize with undocumented laborers, the homeless, etc. I'd pity the kid and hope he'll be able to distance himself someday from such frivolousness. One of the saddest things I witnessed as a healthcare worker living in an apartment in a rather depressed town across the hall from a crack dealer was a man and his 5-year old son advocating membership in a religion that encourages leaving school by age 12-13 yrs. They were going from door to door with the kid able to recite any Bible verse from memory at his father's bidding.

was1 said...

If we're going to start punching people based on the way they look, I'm betting that you'll be getting the snot beat out of you on a regular basis.
But I'll be there to defend you because I love you, man.

Anonymous said...

He bears a striking resemblance to the "Greatest American Hero." Believe it or not, he's walking on air. Who says "cuss" anymore, really? I thought modern convetion was referred to as "swearing." Shit. What about Tourette's sufferers? Would they be sentenced to death? This kid needs to get laid or something. Something tells me that might be a longshot.

Tahoe Tech said...

woolywoman-

Kids like that deserve to be picked on.

ThatDeborahGirl said...

Little Women is not one of the worst books ever. If anything, it was a pretty progressive tome for it's time. Just think - 3 out of 4 of the sisters get to have S-E-X by the end and all of them get kissed before they get married.

Jo writes racy stories, Meg drinks champagne and parties like a rock star (and it's implied that she gets addicted to caffeine in the early days of her marriage) and Amy is determined to marry the richest guy she can.

Gotta love this book.

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Deborah,

Give me Moby Dick any day.

I can't believe I just said that.

The Redheaded Pharmacist said...

I sure hope this young man never stumbles upon your site DM. All this language here might be too much for him, lol. He might just have a breakdown!

Anonymous said...

This is nothing new. Watch the 1993 movie demolition man with stallone and snipes. "You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute"!