Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Am A Political Genius.

In my mailbox this morning:

Bill Monning to me:

I was pleasantly surprised this week to receive notice of ActBlue and PayPal contributions from around the country. I then learned that an email from pharmacists prompted the generous outreach and further determined that you are the one responsible for this wonderful pulse of contributions.

...thank you for your efforts to reach out to your colleagues and for sharing your confidence in my work with fellow (men and women) pharmacists...I do want to thank you for your work and networking.

I look forward to seeing you soon and ask you to please convey my thanks to members of your network....

Mil gracias!
Salud y Paz,
Bill

There you go my friends. I promised you he'd notice and he did. We have now drawn the attention of the chair of The California State Assembly Committee on Labor and Employment, who I'm sure now realizes has touched a nerve with that hearing of his.

Not a bad thing at all. Everyone involved give yourself a nice big congratulatory pat on the ass.

$435 more dollars and you get a week's worth of pill counting highlights.



7 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica took the words right out of my mouth!

Anonymous said...

Awww.. you're not the meany you pretend to be. God bless you for your humanity.
Judy

Anonymous said...

You know what is so great about you? Even as you are acquiring paying writing jobs, you are still fighting for the future of the profession.

Best question ever yesterday--and it was NOT a joke. Man brings up a medium size bullet shaped personal massager and asks if it can be used internally....WTF!! Is this really something you think is appropriate to ask a pharmacist??? I told the tech to tell him no just out of spite and because I have no effing idea--what is this Spencer's?? (Thank God my tech didn't make me handle this one face to face--he hadn't been considered a keystone tech but that gave him a bunch of points!)

Anonymous said...

Doesn't have anything to do with your post, but have heard 3 stories recently in WI of pharmacists stealing drugs and pretty much destroying their lives. This is an interesting story: http://www.madison.com/tct/news/458682

Cap'n Cakez said...

I got a card from Bill Monning today.. Pretty impressive hand-written date, message and signature. Poor guy must not be very popular ;)

I'll contribute again in a couple weeks when I can scrape up another 25 bucks or so.

Nicholas said...

I just got a post card in the mail today from Mr. Monning. That was a very nice surprise. Shows he actually cares. I hope he really fights for the cause.

Greetings from Michigan,

Nick