Sunday, April 17, 2005

I Feel Like A Whore......

....and to understand why, you have to know a bit about an unhealthy obsession I have with my lab coat. Now anyone who looks closely at the typical pharmacists lab coat behind the counter will know almost immediately we don't wear them for any type of hygienic reasons. Main reason to have one is that the pockets make a great place to hide your pens without going the chest pocket protector total geek route. And a pharmacist always needs a pen. Always. So, even though I feel naked and have to make my way through the workday penless if I happen to forget to bring my lab coat, and even though there are a pile of them lying around the back, I'll never, ever, wear one that isn't mine. In my mind it's just gross, and I can't get over it.

So you can imagine how this bit of insanity played out in my mind when I found my coat in a different place, with a different set of pens in the pocket. "Oh yeah, the floater borrowed it" someone informed me.....and now it was....on....my.......body.......yyyyeeeeeuuuukkkkkkk.....and there in the other pocket was a starbucks card. "He said you could have it" they went on "there's only a few dollars left on it anyway"

Oh. and I hate Starbucks. If you're interested in some real coffee take a look here http://www.thanksgivingcoffee.com I recommend the "End The Embargo" Dark Roast. So this guy thought he could throw me a few bucks to make up for degrading me with his filth. What kind of a cheap slut does he think I am?

Maybe I'll at least get the fair trade brew when I cash in the card......

5 comments:

James said...

Hi there!

I was wondering whether you'd take a few minutes out to help me with my research into work-related blogs.

It is fully anonymised and untraceable.

It can be found at:

http://www.my3q.com/home2/62/apr2112/24991.phtml

Thanks

James

PS visit my blog if you wish to access over 120 work-related blogs and as it stands you are one of them!

James said...

Thanks for filling in my questionnaire!

James

Anonymous said...

fair trade coffee :)

Anonymous said...

you're the cutest :)

hey, regarding that other comment.. if the questionnaire is completely anonymous, how did he know you filled it out & thus thanked you for it?

Woden said...

Totally agree with you about the need for pens and the possessiveness towards the coat. I'm just a technician, but I still keep about a half-dozen pens and an assortment of markers in my lab coat's pockets, and I bring it home with me every night.