Sunday, December 08, 2013

From The Mailbag, Five Years Later, A Guess As Good As Any

Hardcore fans of the Drugmonkey will remember the Christmas present that baffled me. I wrote about it in the blog a few years back and included a chapter on it in my awesome book. In short, a customer who used to drop off little Christmas presents every year once gave me a manicure set. A mystery manicure set. It didn't come with instructions you see, and while some parts of it were self explanatory enough, there were some utensils that completely stumped this college graduate and Mensa member. Here's a picture of the mystery implements:




Many things have changed since I wrote that original post. I escaped chain "pharmacy" hell and became a responsible business owner. I moved from the liberal bastion of Coastal California into the embrace of the Sierras, I met and will soon marry the most awesomest woman on the planet.

But I still have no idea what these things are. Not a clue. And I'm still worried that customer gave them to me to correct some hygiene or grooming problem that makes me less than smokin' hot.

The other day though, I got this in my mailbox:

Hello, 
My name is Xxxxxx. I’ve been in the Navy for about 3 and a half years, and close to the time of me getting out, I have taken an interest in pharmacy. Looking up various books about the field, I found your book entitled “Why Your Prescription Takes So Damn Long to Fill.” I’m still reading it, although so far I’ve enjoyed it. Although I am no doctor, I can relate to dealing with the stupidity of the general public in retail. In regards to the mysterious tools in the manicure set, the one to the far right with the split pieces of metal, I’d say it was something used to stick inside a dick hole, and the pieces of metal keep the hole in the meat helmet spread open and stay open, maybe allowing an easier going STD test. That’s my best guess. Hopefully I could help.


Yes Mr. X.,  help you did indeed. Because that's the most plausible suggestion I've had to date. Which means now I can worry that I give off the appearance of a syphilis-wrecked shell of a man in desperate need of help. That's way better than just thinking I might be less than the ultimate piece of man meat.

I hope my fiancee' doesn't see this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the tool on the right looks like it is for blackheads.
Love your blog!

Gary said...

Does this help?

http://www.zwilling.com/en/beauty-series/items/zwilling-classic-inox--4038.html?page=4

Anonymous said...

lol, The tool on the far right is a cuticle trimmer. You gently press the cuticle back with one of the other tools (to be exact, the second from the left, though you should cover the edge with a bit of cotton because metal can be harsh to push cuticles back with,) then trim it off with the sharp edge formed in the middle of the "fork."

Miss Margo said...

Hi Drug Monkey!

1) Congrats on your engagement! Sad that you're off the market, though...but sad in a nice way...

2) What a fucking weird thing to infer from looking at a manicure set. Seriously. The man's a masochist. I should know.

Again, congrats!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a set of coke spoons for up your nose to me. Try that and let us know how it turns out.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Benzathine Penicillin G 2.4 million units in 1% lidocaine- inject IM x1 now.

Anonymous said...

And the nerdy hearts of women on the internet everywhere were broken.

But we all know that the woman who has captured the heart of The Drug Monkey must be a paragon of all women and very special indeed.

Congratulations to you both! :)

Anonymous said...

They are dabbers to smoke butane hash.oil..or wax as the kids call it