Friday, March 08, 2013

Drugmonkey, What's This I Hear About A New Book? I Hope It Addresses A Need And Maybe Annoys Some Drug Companies.

Well you are in luck my friends, because the new book does just that.

Lemmie ask you something. Are you tired of the bullshit you end up stocking on your shelf? When I say Doryx everyone who's ever worked in a pharmacy knows exactly what I'm talking about. There is a whole sub industry that has evolved in the pharmaceutical world over the last few years devoted to ripping off people and their insurance companies.

Solodyn. Need I say more? In case I do check out the product offerings from Shionogi Inc. A company built on crap. Every day I hear the eyes rolling from the pharmacy workers of the world as the Latisse, Sarafem, Treximet and Paxil CR roll out the door.

Not to mention the Aricept 23. It was the Aricept 23 that pushed me over the edge. They crossed a line with that med I thought would never be crossed.

I also hear your voices every day as you slap the label on the Acanya and deal with another goddamn "savings card." "Someone really needs to call bullshit on this." you say over and over again. Well now someone has.

Me.

I've taken 50 of the biggest rip offs disguised as medicine ever to stink up a pharmacy counter and called them out for the world to see. Aplenzin, Duexis, Moxatag and Zipsor. They're all here plus lots more. All together in one handy guide to the way loopholes are taken advantage of in order to maximize the separation of patient and money that happens with every medical encounter. I explain what they are, what the rip off is, and what to do about it for each of them.

"What a great thing to have available for your patients", the Drugmonkey said to every independent pharmacy owner. What a great thing to sell next to your cash register. I can hook you up at wholesale prices.

It's coming soon my friends. Like within days. I'm going away fro the weekend, but when I get back I'll post a sample for you all to see. In the meantime I'll tell you the cover looks nicer than my last one. If you're the type of person who judges a book by nothing but its cover, you're gonna think this one is way better.

It's about time someone wrote this book.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

DM,
I'll buy one.
Goose

Barcroft said...

I'll look forward to it!

St Thomas said...

I'm buying one as well

Anonymous said...

Some of those drugs look almost legit but the Moxitaq has the cake, and Furadantin and Ponstel and Keflex are old, old drug, so why new brand names, other than ripping off tax-payers for reimbursement in the new governmental support of healthcare, e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, Obamacare? Talk about a government loophole!! Naprelen? Not a one at the corporate level in that company is a pharmacist. You ever notice how it's a trend with the biggest rip-off companies? PBMs? They're definitely NOT pharmacists, it'd be like eating your young alive.

Mollie Reidland said...

What a fantastic concept! Gold star, you.

CurmudgeonPharmacist said...

This book could be big. Just the right thing that may bring you new "fans." It may even publicize itself. I hope some cowboy professor uses this in an elective....

Hey, you might even get to make new "editions!"

Anonymous said...

I wish you would have said something! You should do a collaborative thing and crowdsource!

Anonymous said...

I dont know what's worse, the drug companies that are making them or the stupid doctors that are prescribing them. They should know better to prescribe fluoxetine, but they decide to write sarafem for no good reason...ugh