Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Will Warn You. This Post Contains The Words "Used Enemas" And "Reshelved By CVS Workers"

So....why don't we just get right to the down and dirty. Via thesmokinggun.com and brought to my attention by an alert reader:


OCTOBER 11--A Florida man has been indicted on a federal product tampering charge for allegedly returning used enemas to the shelves of the CVS pharmacy where he purchased the items. 
Ronald Eugene Robinson is accused in an indictment unsealed today in U.S. District Court in Jacksonville.

Notice the dateline. October 11th. Today.

According to prosecutors, Robinson bought several “pre-packaged CVS Pharmacy Ready-to-Use enemas” between April and June of this year. After using the enemas, he placed them back into their boxes, resealed the containers, and returned the products for refunds.

I will draw your attention to the words "bought" and "between April and June"

The used enemas, reshelved by CVS workers, were subsequently sold to unsuspecting customers...“It is believed that all customers have been notified of the tainted purchases,” Department of Justice prosecutors said in a press release issued today.

They....had to be notified? I give someone the Watson Somas instead of  Qualitest and I'll hear about it in under five minutes, but....someone gets shit on a stick...and just sits passively around until someone calls?

Just to remove any doubt:

An analysis of the used products revealed that, “fecal matter was located on some of the returned enema bottles

"Well gosh....I seem to have lost the receipt. I guess I'm just out of luck."

Or would that be "shit out of luck"....bwwwaaaahhhaahhhaaa....

But let's get back to the words "between April and June," because the indictment included with that web story clearly states that the suspect was arrested for buying and returning enemas on June 5th. The inducement also states that this was the fourth time he had done this, which aroused the suspicions of the ever alert CVS staff.

He got away with it three times. At least. I'm going to go try and wash out my eyeballs now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

One has to have a tough digestive system working these days... CODE BROWN Aisle 3?

Tap-tap-tappity-tap. Sounds like a lot of tap-dancing as the new dance revolution at CVS nowadays.

Hearing about unwelcome robo refill phone calls, filling refills without customer consent, metrics as a driving force in pharmacy, and now used enemas?

I hear less about RiteAid, and Walgreens, but can believe that this sort of monkey business is less of an occurrence at Walgreens based on the interactions and business model I've experienced as a Walgreens customer since I can no longer order my retail prescriptions as a benefit of my employment at a hospital.

Any explanations from CVS forthcoming? Or, is it just the fan being showered with crap?

Từ Thanh Giác said...

The man is obviously a psychopath. He mirrors CVS management.

Anonymous said...

As a current cvs employee,thankful I have a job! I know in my store we follow the return guidelines,its always management that looks the other way. They just dont care.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that enemas are a returnable item - even if they appear to be unused, why take the change. Sorta like bathing suits. You buy them, you keep them. If they are faulty you can get a refund or replacement, but not a straight-up "I don't need this, take it back". Crazy.

Unknown said...

I see similar return issues at my local chain grocery store. I have purchased used makeup that had been returned and looked unopened, etc. I return things when I find them like this, and BEG that these items NOT be returned to the shelf. The minimum wage clerk smiles politely as she piles my item on the return to stock shelf.

Maybe if we could figure out how to motivate people to give their all for minimum wage, this sort of thing wouldn't happen so often? Only answer I see is a return to indentured servitude! Maybe Mitt will help us achieve this goal

Anonymous said...

An enema at the CVS I work at is $1.99. This guy wasn't trying to do it to get money back he was also doing it to be gross. He didn't have to use the product to get his money back. If it looks sealed and if the cashier even asks "Was there anything wrong with it?" and the person said it was unused why wouldn't it be put back on the shelf?

Anonymous said...

This doesn't surprise me at all. I work at a CVS pharmacy and our warehouse deliveries (of drugs) routinely include absolutely filthy totes. I have opened totes to hundreds of dead roaches before. CVS is just a dirty operation overall.

SeRPh said...

As a former CVS employee, I was always under the impression that all those used enemas were recycled and promptly given middle management jobs at corporate.

Anonymous said...

I take 350mg Carisprodal (generic Soma) 4 times per day. In your opinion, which generic manufacturer is better? Watson (Imprinted with DAN & are thinner) or Qualitest (much thicker,imprinted with 2410 V)?

Thank you!