Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So, They Probably Won't Change Their Name.

But they are getting their bullshit called. There's a petition on change.org calling on The American Pharmacists Association to take the word "Pharmacists" out of their name, and in my dream world, every person in the pharmacy universe would sign it.

Because then APhA would have a lot of explaining to do. As to why so many of the people whose interests they claim to represent are telling them to get lost. They've ignored us and what we care about for at least 20 years now, and to see them do this explaining would be golden. Absolutely golden.

You know it and I know it. Whatever The American Pharmacists Association is, they are not an organization that represents the interests of actual pharmacists.

Let them know. Make them listen. 

9 comments:

Claire P said...

I'm not a pharmacist. I'd call them the American Retail Somebodies Association. So they can proudly say, Jesse Jackson style, I am somebody!

Pharmaciststeve said...

How abt
American Smoke & Mirrors Assoc
American Mirage Assoc
American Facade Assoc
I suspect that if you took ALL PHARMACISTS out of the APHA.. they have enough other financial supporters that they would continue to exist.. and could continue doing what they do now.. which isn't much...

thecandidpharmacist said...

Should be renamed the Society of Delusional Druggists

These guys are a group of good old boys that have been out of touch with the rest of us for decades.

Anonymous said...

change the middle word back to pharmaceutical, similar to the americal medical association.

Anonymous said...

change the middle word back to pharmaceutical

Anonymous said...

I've belonged to APhaA since pharmacy school (12 years) solely because I've got their liability insurance coverage as a side benefit and I've been too lazy to look for coverage elsewhere. I feel like I could probably get it via a state pharmacy association too. For the past 6 years or so I have felt like cancelling membership out of protest, but with my luck I'd instantly need the insurance after it cancelled. Anyone know if the coverage can be kept without belonging to APhA?

Anonymous said...

I gave up on my state assoc. This year! Asked them what they do for me as a chain Rph. Couldn't give me answer. Never joined apha.

Anonymous said...

Here is where I get my insurance, dump the apha:
http://www.hpso.com/profession/pharmacist.jsp

Anonymous said...

HPSO...great alternate to APhA, and affordable too!