Friday, January 22, 2010

In All Seriousness, I Think Rush Limbaugh Is The Most Rational Of The Bunch.

I honestly believe Glenn Beck has mental health issues. Mark my words. It'll come out one day.

Bill O'Reilly just loves to shoot off his mouth to get attention. And money. And he knows the money for being an outrageous tool of the right is far better than for being a tool of the left. Good for him, bad for the country.

But I honestly believe Limbaugh is sincere. That he sees himself as a man fighting in the war of ideas and has a purpose beyond self ambition.

Apparently my Republican friends would agree, as last May, when asked "Who is the main person who speaks for the Republican Party today?" Limbaugh finished tied for first place among Republican respondents.

Remember that as you read this quote from Wednesday's show:

To some people, banker is a code word for Jewish; and guess who Obama is assaulting? He’s assaulting bankers. He’s assaulting money people. And a lot of those people on Wall Street are Jewish. So I wonder if there’s – if there’s starting to be some buyer’s remorse there.

You know another common meaning of the word "banker?" A PERSON WHO RUNS A BANK.

I believe he is sincere, but I also believe he made more sense when he was stoned. I'm going to stop yelling now. Because yelling just plays into his game.

More self-identified Republicans say that man speaks for their party than anyone else.

And you wonder why I hate them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the advantages of being Libertarian! Don't have to identify with idiots from either side. . . .

I guess I couldn't resist. . .

Paula (anonymous follewer)

Anonymous said...

Although I can honestly say that I'm not prejudiced...so far a group from the Democratic party has snagged me a couple times to help with some beneficial voluntary altruistic endeavors for my community, but I tell them,
'I'll help out because this here good cause does need to get done'. I may not be too keen on going over to the Food Bank by myself to volunteer. Actually, though, if Republicans want me to help with something clearly that says
'republican' I'll probably find something else helpful somewhere to do that day.

Democrats, to me, speak of 'doing something helpful for the common good', but Republicans, in my mind, mean, 'donate to the cause with a financial gift'. And, Libertarians, and the Green Party? Only if the individual running seems to be worthy...

I wonder if others are feeling that the few-party political system is becoming a morass of molten lava, or verbal belching.

Anonymous said...

I bow down to the master. Love you..

Anonymous said...

Working in a pharmacy really opens your eyes to the vast amount of stupidity that this world has to offer. I think it helps you identify it better when you see it out in the world

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?! No commentary whatsoever about the MA senate race or the (OMFG) recent Supreme Court decision?!?!?!

Thom Foolery said...

Limbaugh has mastered the art of inverting the narrative, hasn't he? Wall Street rapes the rest of the country, and he tries to turn our outrage into anti-Semitism? Puh-leeze.

Can't say I'm surprised, though. I've been waiting to see the banker=Jew meme for a while.