Monday, December 26, 2011

Think Of This As An NPR Pledge Drive. That Won't Cost You Anything.

So a friend of mine sends me a link the other day. It was from the folks at slate.com, and it was a good one. It seems they have a regular column called "The Explainer" Which takes on such topics as "How did dinosaurs have sex?" I figured this pal of mine just knew I was the type to ponder things like this for no reason. But there was more.

The explainer is having a year end poll you see. Thirty one questions have been nominated and the one that garners the most votes will be designated "question of the year" and an answer will be provided. Hang with me here.

Question 23 is "Why does it take 45 minutes for the pharmacy to get your prescription ready—even when no one else is waiting?"  You know what this means. You know this is a golden opportunity.

Because the more exposure this question gets, the more people will be searching Mr. Google and come across the real answer. We have in our hands tonight my friends, a chance to achieve an age of universal understanding, tolerance, and dare I say it,  love for our profession.

I knew when I wrote those words it was part of destiny.

So for the beleaguered technician dealing with a foaming at the mouth lunatic at the cash register, for the pharmacist at the end of his 12 hour day (14 hours at CVS. Illegal in North Carolina but not stopping them in the least) dealing with a DUR message that says "oral contraceptives should be used with caution in women of child bearing age," for the future of the profession, for all that is decent and just and good in this world. I beseech, I beg, I humbly ask, that you go here and vote for question number 23.    

Because it might help me sell some books too.

3 comments:

Jenn Siva said...

My pharmacy takes 20 minutes and 10 when no one is waiting:)

Jen said...

#23 is currenty hot on the tail of the last question: why are smart people ugly....

Candy said...

Voted. But the last question is intriguing too...Surely we are not stupid, so does that mean we're not hot?? ;)