Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Do You Know Why I Have Now Inherited The Title Of Best Pharmacy Columnist In The World Now That Jim Plagakis Is Gone? Because Neither One Of Us Ever Wrote A Paragraph Like This.

Look at it:

Clinical community pharmacist (CCP) has begun to appear recently in various venues. It was in the title of a continuing education (CE) session presented at the recent National Community Pharmacists Association convention. The CE session was presented by a panel of innovative community pharmacy practitioners who have been leaders in new direct patient care services.

I just want to point out a few things here:

1) That is the entire opening paragraph, complete and unchanged, of a column in the current issue of Pharmacy Times about, well...who the hell knows? Some character called Clinical Community Pharmacist evidently. Maybe some sort of superhero that can appear in multiple venues at once? If I want to learn about him I guess I'll have to take one of those CE lessons, because there sure isn't much who,what, when, where, or why in this sorry example of news reporting.

2) This was written by a college graduate. He claims to have a masters degree.

3) This illiterate still has a regular gig writing for a national pharmacy trade magazine and Jim Plagakis does not. Chew on that awhile.

4) This also presumably got past an editor at some point. If I ever sent her a turd like this my editor would probably fly out to California and make me eat a dictionary.

I have to go put some water in my eyeballs now, because that piece of work made them hurt and I'm afraid they are about to catch fire.

3 comments:

Dave Merran said...

Have you seen the Georgia Pharm Association's blog? I think there's a new staff there because it's actually readable. I especially liked the one on flu vaccine "deniers" from the other day. It's gphabuzz.com.

dex3703 said...

Execrable web writing is the norm. You can bet no editor saw it, because "editor" is a paid position. Who needs an editor when there's spell check?

I see garbage writing like this on major corporate news sites all the time. Or did. I don't need no propaganda, boss.

Unknown said...

The sad thing is that some of the people I currently work with would have read it and gotten excited about it.
Yay... Pharmacy is great....Yay