Monday, October 21, 2013

I Was Fascinated By This Picture For A Long Time. Then I Figured It Out.

Look at it. Seriously, take a good hard look:



What is up with that face? I've...never seen an expression like this. Is it...

Fear? The eyes don't really give off a fearful vibe.

The mouth. It's perfectly straight. Not the slightest hint of smile or frown. I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull this off while showing teeth.

It is fear. Not in him, but in me. The longer I look at this humanesque...creature? The more frightened I become.

I just tried to mimic this expression in front of the mirror for five minutes and couldn't pull it off.

WHAT IS THIS MAN'S STORY?

For awhile I thought it would be the face one might make while undergoing a prostate exam. You don't want it to look like it's painful...but honestly, you really don't want to give the appearance of pleasure either. I've heard prostate massage can be pretty hot but you wouldn't tip the medical staff to that kind of thing I wouldn't think

And, why the suit? Wait. That's my clue. The suit. I was closer when I guessed "zombie" than I realized.

A little closer inspection told me I was looking at Jason Rubin, senior manager of immunization services for Walgreen's Corp. If you're plugging away at the corner of healthy and happy this is the man cracking the whip to make sure you hit that flu shot quota.

And this, I bet, is what he looks like when he is having his metrics read to him by his boss. Right after the soul leaves his body.

The numbed-out from the inside corporate drone. It's been so long I'd almost forgotten. This picture captures it perfectly.

Poor Jason. I fear him no longer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I work at Walgreens. This is the douche telling us we haven't met our quotas? I am very disappointed in my superiors.

Anonymous said...

He used to work in my division... weird guy that doesn't appear to be human in real life either. He never knew anything if you had an actual questions, but liked to tell you what to do. That is what he looked like in real life, and he once commented that all pharmacists should show up at least 30 minutes early, even if they just sit in their car. He also expected 3,000+ flu shots for some stores. Ha!

Red_No_4 said...

It was explained to me at my WAGs that I needed to reach 80% of my 'target' my the end of October. And then we had a shortage of the most in demand shot in my area (HD). When we finally got the actual shots in, there was a change in ordering the special needle for HD, so we were OOS on that for a while.
Safe to say that we are not making that goal.
Safer to say that, even given the completely out of our control circumstances, they are not adjusting our targets. At all.
I am still confused that we are rarely judged by what we have been actually trained to do (i.e. interpreting and filling prescriptions) but by something as arbitrary as flu shots. Something that someone has to want. Weird. Is there something similar in other retail outlets? Are waiters judged by how many salads they get people to order? Hmmm, maybe that is why a salad is standard with so many entrees. It's a conspiracy!
(And I know, I know -- it's profit driven. I;m just venting.)
Hey, DM -- do you give shots at your pharmacy? Just curious...

one of the crying said...

When I worked for them I told them I'd only give immunizations if I got paid for each one I did. Of course, I'm a bitchy loudmouth who is delighted and satisfied when I say rude things to people, so no matter what my manager asked, I was contumacious in my reply.

Are you forced to give them now? At the time, they wanted us to pay ($800 I think) to go to a 'class' and learn how to do it.

You know, if you were really bad at it you might not have to do it. Maybe you have a tremor or some kind of idiopathic muscle spasticity that only affects your hands.
Enough painful shots and you might be whistlin' Dixie.

Miss Margo said...

DrugMonkey, your drive-by on this corporate traitor is hilarious.

The certainly don't want to be offensive by appropriating terms African Americans use to describe racist oppression, but I consider dudes like this to be like Uncle Toms. I can understand why corporations and the 1% act like greedy sociopathic Masters of the Universe. It is harder for me to understand boot-licking hired goons like Jason Rubin here, who do the bosses' dirty work and terrorize their fellow workers for treats and head-pats (and, presumably, the power rush, which is most perverted of all).

P.S. ProTip from Dominatrix-land: prostate massage is, indeed, very popular.

Anonymous said...

I've long been a vocal proponent of vaccines, including the flu shot. In he past, I've vehemently argued with ant-vaxxers, in person and on various internet forums, over safety and efficacy. But now that I have this cunt-bitch supervisor (easy tigers….if it was a guy I'd call him a dick-asshole supervisor) constantly riding our asses about the fucking flu shot quotas (oops…I mean "targets"), I'm gonna jump on the anti-vaxxer bandwagon. "Step right up folks! Come get your FREE autism causing mercury shots!" Fuck it. I really don't care anymore.

Kate said...

Same picture of him, but a little less weird looking:

http://i.imgur.com/3YM0VBv.jpg