The answer as to why your prescription Takes so damn long to fill....and evidence of how drugstore workday life warps the mind.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
From The "Our Leaders Are Wise And Just" File.
The man doing the questioning here is an actual member of Congress. This is an actual Congressional hearing concerning the deployment of military personnel to the island of Guam. I shit you not.
I think it would've been even funnier to see the faces of the people that were listening to this interchange. I'd bet that military officer was saying to himself some pretty hilarious things by the time the session was over and he was at home with the braids and epaulets off. But the guy in the background rearranging his files could've at least dropped it and had to have the lady next to him scrambling for flying papers, and it would've better had he needed to to get down on his hands and knees to retrieved papers under the military officer's table. (Jerry Lewis)
How hard was the Military Official trying not to laugh? I swear he wiped a tear at one point. To Hank's credit, though, if Guam capsized we'd all be up shit's creek. What bizarre island would we reference when something is far away?
The congressman must've been on one too many capsizing islands to not want to ensure the same thing didn't happen here and tip the captives out of their sardine cans.
I doubt that the military guy was laughing. I have been in such a situation with a City Council in Wyoming where I managed a Water Treatment Plant and Wastewater Plant for the town of Thermopolis. I was stunned thinking to myself that the townsfolk elected the Village Idiot as Mayor to oversee my job. It is funking scary!
o my friggin' god . . . .
ReplyDeleteThis is just the tip of the iceberg.
ReplyDeleteNow we know why so many of us think this country is on the wrong track. Just look at our leaders!
ReplyDeleteI think it would've been even funnier to see the faces of the people that were listening to this interchange. I'd bet that military officer was saying to himself some pretty hilarious things by the time the session was over and he was at home with the braids and epaulets off. But the guy in the background rearranging his files could've at least dropped it and had to have the lady next to him scrambling for flying papers, and it would've better had he needed to to get down on his hands and knees to retrieved papers under the military officer's table. (Jerry Lewis)
ReplyDeleteYou underestimate me Was.....
ReplyDeleteHank Johnson is a Democrat, which I know is completely surprising.
He's also a southerner, which is about as surprising as the sun coming up in the east tomorrow morning.
How hard was the Military Official trying not to laugh? I swear he wiped a tear at one point. To Hank's credit, though, if Guam capsized we'd all be up shit's creek. What bizarre island would we reference when something is far away?
ReplyDeleteGuam capsizing? Wow. Just wow.
ReplyDeleteThe congressman must've been on one too many capsizing islands to not want to ensure the same thing didn't happen here and tip the captives out of their sardine cans.
ReplyDeleteI doubt that the military guy was laughing. I have been in such a situation with a City Council in Wyoming where I managed a Water Treatment Plant and Wastewater Plant for the town of Thermopolis. I was stunned thinking to myself that the townsfolk elected the Village Idiot as Mayor to oversee my job. It is funking scary!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure this clip is real? It's hard to believe that anyone could truly be that dumb.
ReplyDeleteHow did this guy even graduate from high school, let alone get elected?
He sounds like he's drugged, or has alzheimers.
Johnson represents the 4th Dist of GA...DeKalb County, the east side of suburban Atlanta. News stories state he's been battling Hep C for a while.
ReplyDeleteDoes that make you...delusional?