Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In A World Full Of War, Pestilence, And Economic Hardship, I Find One Thing For Which To Be Thankful

I am not the least bit bald. I'm not sure I could handle it if I was.

My hair is as thick and full as the day I was born. Wait. Scratch that. I mean as thick and and full as it ever was. I look at bald men and I feel badly for them. I wonder if their heads get cold. So many things have gone wrong in today's society, I just feel it's important to note that my hairline isn't one of them.

I'm extra thankful because my skin tends to be a bit on the shiny side, which means if I were bald I would probably blind you if the room's lighting bounced off my head at the right angle. It's a good thing for both of us I still have all my hair.

4 comments:

  1. Remember that old Elvis song. "Are you lonesome tonight"? There exists a recording of a live version of that where he goofs up the line "Do you gaze at your doorstep/And picture me there", by singing instead "Do you gaze at your bald head/And wish you had hair?" after which he spots a bald man in the audience and cracks up. Keeps trying to sing and busting out laughing instead. There's a spoken bit in the middle where he's supposed to sound all serious, and he can't manage it; it's absolutely hilarious. RCA snuck this one in on a Greatest Hits compilation with no warning to the purchaser...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:59 AM

    You crack me up...silly monkey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 AM

    That would be tragic. Imagine how the Hotness scale would wane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair is an inconvenience. I'd have no hair on my head permanently (except brows and lashes) if I had my way (meaning I could afford it).

    ReplyDelete